I CAN HANDLE ANYTHING, MOM!
So, Cooper had been on his most recent antibiotics for 11 days as of Monday. This time the Dr. wanted us to do 5 days on, 5 days off, and then 5 days back on the drugs. So, Monday, we got a call from the Dr that said that they had gotten the results from the culture that they had done on the drainage from Cooper's right ear, 10 days ago. The drainage has not completely stopped even since he has had the tubes. They said that they found two types of bacteria and one fungus, so they wanted him to come back into the office. So, I made an appt. for Tuesday afternoon. When I picked Cooper up from daycare on Tuesday to go to the dr...and just had an overwhelming since of frustration that only got worse when we got to the Dr. His ear was still draining slightly and come to find out that the antibiotics that he had been taking the past 10 days and the ones that he took right after his ear surgery were ineffective in treating the type of bacteria that he had in his ears. In addition, the bacteria is most likely spread to his nose...which is why we are still getting a running nose. So, three options. Put him on ear drops, but that would not help the nose infections. Put him on an antibiotic that can only be administered through an IV (yes, he would have had to been in the hospital), or a series of injections that he would need to come in the Dr.'s office for. So, the best option was the injections and ear drops (in addition to the shots). So, we got one injection Tuesday and scheduled the following shot for the next day, Wednesday. Since, we already had an appt. with the Allergist/Asthma specialist on Friday, if Cooper still needed a third injection, they could do it on Friday! Well, on Tuesday night, Cooper decided to stick his finger in the top of an electrical air freshener. It did not electrocute him, but it did burn the crap out of the top of his left finger. Poor little Man, he just can't seem to get a break. So, I have since removed and plugged the outlets that had air fresheners. So, Wednesday we got a shot and some burn cream from the Dr. In the meantime, we have been giving Cooper his neubulizer to help with the dry cough that keeps him up at night. In addition, we are still doing the nasal irrigation (aka squirting saline water up his nose) twice a day.
Ear infection and drainage seems to be getting a little better by Friday, but we can still see drainage in the right ear canal. The ear drops that we are also giving him have not caused a rash this time. So, moving on to Friday's appt. The allergist spent about 45 minutes trying to get straight when all the problems started, all the medication that Cooper has been on, all the treatments and surgery that he has had. So, finally some relief...right......well, come to find out that the eczema that was on Cooper's belly and back was not eczema...it is ringworm, according to the allergist. Again, did a little research, and not sure. But, I will still floow the recommendation to use medicine to get rid of it. So, lets add to the list of things to give Cooper to Lotrimin 2x day for 4 weeks. Then, since the asthma is not really triggered from anything...and he rarely actually wheezes...even though he has wheezed before and gets a dry cough when his nose runs...oh yeah, his nose always runs......and the coughing is responding to the breathing treatments..thank the LORD!..but, there was nothing else to do at this point, but to get rid of the ear infections and the sinus infections. Based on the condition of his ear on Friday, they stopped the injections, since to really get rid of the infections, it would require about 2 weeks worth of shots...and that is cruel.
So, we are trying a new strong antibiotic....not usually used on children as young as Cooper, to get rid of this freaking infection that he, I think, has had since about 5 months of age. It always gets a little better with the antibiotics...but never is truly gone. AHHHHHHHHHH..
Then Scott takes Cooper over to the Grandparent Simonds house while I go get the medicines. The medicine is only found in one pharmacy in the Clear Lake area...but they did not have the Lotrimin, so I stopped at Walgreen's before I went to the Simonds. When I walk in the Simonds, all I hear is Cooper screaming. I walk in the kitchen, and I see Cooper on the counter with Dad, and bloody paper towels all over the counter. Cooper had somehow sliced open the top of his RIGHT middle finger....Yes, the opposite hand from where the bad burn was. The bleeding was so bad, that we could not really tell what had happened...but, it was not good. We happened to have a First Aid kit in the car with some fingertip bandaids. We forced one on the finger and tried to get him to stop crying. Scott and I headed off to our date night...and when we got him to take him home, his face had dried blood on it and his bandaid was soaked. New bandaid and off to home. He is feeling better today, but still is not using his right hand to eat. Just using the left hand with the burned finger!
Lord, please provide Cooper with some relief!!
Lord, please provide Cooper with some relief!!
And, that was our week.
BUT, he is still a happy camper, most of the time....
Cooper playing on Taylor's ATV, I know it is pink. Sorry Coop, hope that this does not get used in any blackmailing deals in the future.

Taylor's Sand and Water box. We might need one for the summer. WAY Fun.

Lounging in the shade. I think Cooper is a natural at this!

Trying to learn how to mow. Kind of stuck in a rut.

Hey Dad, want to play some football. Bet'cha I'll win.

Ready....Blue 24, BLUE 24, hut hut hut
On the way to a TOUCHDOWN, one of many to come in his future!

Just for the record, he has had the ringworm long before the making of this video :)
Today, Cooper has been really silly. I think that just last night taking the antibiotics, has REALLY helped.
JAMMIE TIME


0 comments:
Post a Comment