So, Cooper went back to the doctor yesterday because he developed a rash on his belly. When, I say a rash, I don't mean, oh...what a little rash. I mean WOOOOOO that is a bad rash. I figured it was due to his antibiotics....but HOW ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET RID OF HIS INFECTION IF WE CAN'T TAKE AN ANTIBITOIC LONG ENOUGH TO GET RID OF IT!??That is the questions at hand! So, after taking a look at Coopy and discussing the history, the dr. said that he was going to step out for a moment. When he came back...he said that he had e-mailed a collegue about the possibility of Cooper having jdkajfdl;ajfkdljaf syndrome. Exactly, so I asked him if he could write down the name of the syndrome. He paused, looked at me and said, "You don't want to look it up". What is that supposed to mean? Do I need to quite my job and stay home with Cooper for the next month of his life???? Well, it is called Wiskott-Alrich Syndrome. After I asked him to wirte it down, he kept telling me that he did not think that he had it, but wanted to rule it out. After looking it up, I agree. I do not think that he has it. One being that a major component of the syndrome is a low platlet count, and the two CBC counts that they have done have been between 250-300, 000 and low is 150,000. In addition, it is sex-linked recessive, which means that it is seen more in males. But, there is no history of it on either side of my parents families and they all had boys. So, I think that we are okay there. But, it was a little scary for a while. The dr. is going to call me back today and confirm that..I hope and tell us the next step. Cooper's right ear still looks infected, so we have to do something to get rid of the ear infection. MAN, this is crazy! Just keep the prayers coming.
Helping dad with his camp signs.
Just putting in a few nails for dad.
Swimming and playing with the hose. Man, it is sunny out here.
Replenishing my nutrients after a hard swim.


0 comments:
Post a Comment