Thursday, March 20, 2008

ZOOrific

Scott came up with the title. He also came up with "ZOO MADNESS" in honor of March Madness. But, I had already used his Zoorific idea. He first came up with Zoo Trip, and I told him that was TOTALLY lame, thus the better two titles.

Yesterday was the previously planned trip. Cooper still was not feeling well and it was a little cold. I did not think that with the high 50's, running nose, draining ears, and the windy it would not be a good mix. So, Scott and I decided that maybe today would be better. IT IS BEAUTIFUL! We got up to the Zoo about 9:15....as we were waiting in line I thought that I saw the guy that I dated in college for 3 years. After further critiquing...yes, it sure was. We said hello, got the update, and moved on our way. JUST REALLY WEIRD! Scott did say that I got the upgrade with him! Boy is he right.

We did do the Zoo in a whirl wind ( an hour and a half). We got to see the seals, lions, sleeping bears..which Scott told Cooper that bears are lazy. In other words, saying that the Baylor Bears are lazy. He takes every chance he gets to convince Cooper that Baylor is not as good as aTm. We moved on to see the prairie dogs, pet the animals in the petting zoo, see the meercats, giraffes, elephants and some birds. By this point it was about 11:00 and Coop was getting hungry and tired. I know, we did not even get to see the hippos, rhinos, monkeys...etc. Oh well, it was still fun to get out of the house and enjoy the weather. We ended up going to eat Jason's Deli and Coop had his first grilled cheese. Fun was had by all.

Insert: As I am blogging, Scott is requesting that I mention that he LOVES March Madness games. I am sure that most of you are totally shocked!

Over the river and through the woods to the Houston Zoo we go...

Dad and Coop ready for the Zoorific trip :) We even had a pretty easy time getting a parking spot.

Mom and Coop playing with the very large Bird Bank.

Daddy, Coop, & an Egland

Cooper watching over the bald eagle eggs:) Reminds me a little of the book "Are You My Mother?" Hope the eggs don't hatch and ask Coop the same thing.

We love slides.

Coopy the Turtle
This is our third petting zoo and Coop still loves petting the animals.
BAA BAA White Sheep have you any wool?
Two real Prairie Dogs
Two wanna be Prairie Dogs


Coop with the Meercats. Coop thought that they were pretty fun to watch run around. One kept coming up to the glass and saying hi.
The end of the Zoo trip. Coop and Dad had had enough, I think. However, Daddy was able to make it to the car without falling asleep; Cooper on the other hand did not quite make it to the car.

Taking a little nap on the way to Jason's Deli. What a fun trip!






0 comments: