Mom went shopping for Cooper today to get a few things with the money that he received for his birthday! It was fun. After the doctor visit this past week, I decided to go to the Lakeshore Learning store and get some things to help Cooper with his language skills. Lakeshore has some great things and I am sure that I will continue to get some great toys and learning things there. They even have arts and crafts every Saturday, but Cooper is a little to young for that. I found a phonics phone. It is a phone that when you speak into it, it magnifies the voice so that the child had hear what they/you are saying better. Also, I can talk into it and he can better hear what I am saying. Since Cooper loves phones, I thought that the phone would be a great addition. The next thing that I got was a set of cards that show common words. They are kind of like flashcards, but toddler flashcards! SO, they are not flimsy! Important when Cooper wants to eat them or bend them. They are about the thickness of a board book. Each card has a picture and a word on it...but the best part is that it also has something to feel on each card. So, if it is a dog, the dog is fuzzy. If it is a ball, the ball feels rubbery! Very cool. I also got him a set of boxes that are made of pleathery material. In each themed box are little pleathery toys that represent things that you would find there. For example, the house box has a chair, table, bed, and a bathtub. I thought this would also be a fun way to start learning words. Dad, mom and Cooper had fun playing with all the new learning toys. Last stop was Walmart. Cooper loved the little Coupe car when we went to the hospital for surgery, so we got one. Then, lastly, we got the magnetic letters and numbers for the fridge. When you stick the letter in the base, it sings about the letter and what sound it makes! Too cool. SO, thanks to Memaw, Mimi, and Aunt Dee for the birthday money. It was spent well. Cooper started to try and use a spoon today and I caught it on camera! See below!

Fun Touch and Learn Picture Cards
Cooper leaving for his date with Taylor. He even opened the door for her!
Returning from the date in Cooper's new Coupe
Wagon races with Taylor and Mommy Lindsey. Yes, the Simonds are winning.
Cooper starting to use a spoon. We tried Beanie Weanies today. They are high in iron and Cooper is borderline anemic, so lots of iron.


1 comments:
How fun! Those cards look awesome! Cooper's going to be the smartest kid on the block!!
Post a Comment