Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Prayers for Cooper and his Parents :)

Prayer Request for Cooper

1. That Cooper's ears would be healed. That he would not have problems with his ear any more now that he has tubes and his adenoids out.
2. That Cooper would get back on track developmentally now that he can hear better (The Dr. is concerned that he is not trying to say any words at this point. Probably due to the fact that his ears have been so infected that he was not hearing well. He should start talking more in the next 6 weeks. If not, they want to do a hearing test.)
3. That Cooper would not have any harmful effects from his 12 month shots (I really struggled with the decision to give him his shots due the the minimal risk that they might believe that they are linked with autism.)
4. That Cooper's inflammed spleen would be heal and not cause problems ( Dr. thinks that it is due to all of his infections. He wants to see him back in 6 weeks to check to see if the spleen is back to the normal size)
5. That Cooper's blood work to check to see if he is anemic would come back negative
6. That Cooper's allergies or asthma would be cured or managed with the right medications. (They are not sure if it is allergies or asthma. VERY FRUSTRATING)
7. Finally, pray for Scott and I. I am the paranoid, stressed mother. I got a little choked up today at the office when we decided to give Cooper his shots. In addition to worrying about his development with the possible hearing loss or the slowed speech due to lack of hearing the past few months. I bawled talking to my mom today. Just that God would give me peace.


Thanks for all your prayers and support. It was just a lot of not so encourging things today at the Dr. for the 1 year check-up.

Have a great week,
Shannon

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Shannon...You, Scott and Cooper are always in Matt and I's prayers! Praying for healing for Cooper and peace for you guys while you wait for results. You are great parents and while overwhelming, it will all be okay! If you need anything, let us know!

Larissa said...

You guys are definitely in our prayers. As for the vaccines, let me know if you want me to send you the research I have done. I would definitely vaccinate Cooper but maybe you can delay the MMR until 15months if you are concerned. I would talk to your pedi about that option, I have heard about other people doing that. Let me know if you need anything.