Friday, October 5, 2007

Newcoming Week at Clear Springs HS

It has been quite an eventful week. Lets start with the fact that the high school that I work at, Clear Springs, had their spirit days this week due to the Newcoming game on Thursday. I know what you are thinking, what is a Newcoming! Well, when you only have two grade levels in the school, since it just opened this year...no one would be coming home...so no Homecoming...but new coming. Each day had a different theme. Monday was mix/match backwards day. I wore my entire outfit backwards. Tuesday was twin day. Brandilyn and I dress in her husbands coveralls for work, hard hats and goggles. We were quite a hit. Then...lets not forget Wednesday, we are stars. This was the day that we could dress up as a celebrity or rock star. Brandilyn and I manage to recruit two other teachers (one being our Associate principal) to be the band Kiss. YES, in full make-up. I was the one with the cat make-up. We had rock star wigs, Kiss shirts, torn jeans, etc. It was a blast. Thursday was Charger blue day. I just wore a blue polo with some royal blue tie dyed jeans that I made. To end the festivities, the faculty basketball game was today. I have not played basketball since Jr. High, so I thought to myself...if I can't play good, then I will look good. So after buying basketball shorts that were way to big for my, writing Simonds #1 on the back of my shirt, buying a headband and sweat bands to wear, wearing knee high royal blue socks....and last but not least, an AFRO wig.... I looked good. So, this morning, I had to try the headband and the afro wig on Cooper! Enjoy the pics. More later. I am really tired since we are having to give Cooper medicine every four hours around the clock....more to come. I just wanted to get the pics up since they were so FUNNY!




1 comments:

Larissa said...

We demand KISS pics!