Monday, April 5, 2010

More pics and random thoughts by Scott

1. I’ve received quite a bit of praise for my blogging ability which I don’t know whether to take as A. everyone is really impressed or B. nobody thought I was actually smart enough to figure out how to upload some pictures on the internet.  Maybe it’s a little of both.

2. So I’m sitting here right now watching the Duke vs. Butler game and I really have to completely 100% say without a shadow of a doubt that men get it a lot better then women when it comes to the whole birthing process.  Shannon has had to carry around a child in her belly for 9 months, retain water, get all sorts of aches and pains, have someone stick a needle in her back this morning, cut open her stomach, pull out a child, sew her back up, and so far today she’s gotten to eat ice chips and chicken broth.  I however have eaten a foot long Subway sandwich, a chicken sandwich, a smoothie, and 3 girl scout cookies.  Shannon has to breast feed every couple of hours, while all I have to do is occasionally change a smelly diaper. 

3. I’m very appreciative that I’m getting to watch the basketball game here on CBS, but why couldn’t Clear Lake Regional have sprung for some Fox Sports Net or ESPN?  I guess this place is mainly for mom’s and the whole child birthing thing and all, but come on!  Don’t they realize today was opening day for the Astros?  I know they’ll be terrible this season and all, but isn’t that the beauty of opening day?  Everyone is in first place for at least one day, even the Astros!

So here are several pics that my dad took when he and my mom came up to visit today with Cooper.  Notice the bear that Cooper brought to give his new sister.  He designed it at Build a Bear in the mall and named it Cubby.

Bailey 002Bailey 007Bailey 004Bailey 003Bailey 001Bailey 005Bailey 006  I threw this picture of Cooper in there from when he was first born.  I really think Bailey looks a lot like Cooper did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cooper has gotten so big. Cant wait to meet bailey when I come for a game! ~tina Dugas~

tlgvb10 said...

she does look like cooper! she's sooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!