Monday, December 7, 2009

Here it GOES..

So, I know that it has been forever since I have done a post…..but don’t you worry…I have still been taking pictures .   My plan is to make a post every few days, so check back often.

Let’s go to the beginning of November and see some fun things we had been up to.  They are mostly of Cooper with Scott and I hanging out, but still fun stuff. 

Scott has a player whose dad just was the commander of the Atlantis mission, Charlie Hobaugh.  Cooper has been enamored since we started talking about it in Sept.

First, I should start off with the launch.  I am so appreciative that we were invited to see the launch.  However, now I know it was a blessing that we were not able to go since Cooper has probably watched the recorded launch on TV about 20 times.   Scott picked him up from day care and told him that they were going to go home and watch it.  Scott said that he asked about 30 questions about the whole thing on the way home.  That day that the shuttle launched, we watch it about 10 times in a row, per Cooper's request.  This was only beginning to spark the child's fascination with the shuttle.  He asked me when he went to bed if Mr. Hobaugh was still in space and when he was coming back.

So, the next day, I picked up a book at the CLHS library that they happened to have on the Challenger missions.  We looked through the pictures over and over again.  He wanted to see a picture of Mr. Hobaugh, but I told him that he was not on this shuttle.  He was intrigued and called the Solid Rocket boosters and the External take by name.  He wanted to reenact the "blastoff" over and over again with his hand.  However, since he can't count backwards yet, he says, 1, 2, 3 Blastoff. 

He continued to ask about Mr. Hobaugh.  We explained that he was the one that got to fly the shuttle and that they would all be coming back soon.  In the meantime, we decided to take a trip over to Space Center Houston (separate post).  Scott and I had never been, so it was fun for the whole family.  Cooper loved finding the picture of Mr. Hobaugh on the wall with the crews from previous missions.

Yesterday, we got the chance to see part of the landing on the NASA channel that they were replaying.  Then we watched it a little longer to see Mr. Hobaugh talk a little about the mission.  Coop just sat and watched the whole time.  I then had a little interview with him.  He informed me that he wanted to be a Space Man for Halloween next year.  Then he stated that he was going to be a Space Man when he grew up.  He wanted to fly the Space Shuttle.  The space shuttles name was going to be Hobaugh. Not only that, he wanted to go to the moon!

  He LOVED the tattoo and the patch, etc. that the Hobaughs sent him.  We wore the tattoo to the grocery store!

Cooper with the tattoo!

11 07 09_0164Cooper and Mommy hanging out before bath time.  My little man is getting SO big. 11 12 09_0161 Pretending is the new thing.  We pretend that we are Bob the Builder and we are fixing and building things around the house.  We also have been pretending to go to the grocery store and buying food.  Dad pretends to be the cashier, he is really good at it!11 21 09_0142 11 21 09_014411 21 09_0143

Well, that is all for know.  Check back soon for Thanksgiving week festivities!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

matt already shared the exciting news but when do we get a blog post on #2?? :)