So, spur of the moment last night, I talked to Carrie and we decided to get the kids together for a little playing last night. We cooked some chicken, potatoes, and broccoli. The kiddos had fun playing, eating, and taking one of the best bubble baths in the world.
I also made a trip to Target and Wal-mart, Friday, with Cooper to look for some things for his birthday. Scott has been totally against getting Cooper a play kitchen. However, He LOVES to pretend to cook and use the real pots and pans from the kitchen. For Christmas, I (Santa) got him some play food and play pots/pans/spatula/etc. I told Scott that the kitchen would not have to be PINK, and Cooper would love it. I think that he likes to pretend and it keeps him occupied. When I was shopping yesterday, I couldn't find anything that was not wooden and really expensive OR PINK! My last stop was Wal-mart. I went down each isle just getting some ideas of things and suggestions for people if they asked for his birthday. Then, the last isle by the bicycles...I saw a play kitchen at the end. I went down to find out that the kitchen was $45. Not bad. Made of plastic, Wal-mart brand. It would serve the purpose and it was not girly!!! This would be the only other thing that I could get him since it would be about $50, but I hadn't really been seeing anything else. I went to pay for it to find out that it must have been on CLEARANCE because it was only $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeee, woooowhooooo, cow-a-bung-a!!! I was so excited. Daddy was still not thrilled, but it is fun! I am going to give it to him on his actual birthday, and then the kids can play with it at the party that Sat. Today, our friend Mrs. Stacy and Trenton invited the kids from the bible study to head down to the Children's Museum. They are having a special Toddler Time fan hour before the museum opens since their current TOT SPOT is closed for remodeling. We rode down to the museum with Stacy & Trenton. The kids had so much fun running up and down the ramp at the parking garage before the museum opened. Then we went in and colored....made a family seal...looked at foam shapes....played in the museum exhibits....and painted our face! It was great times. It was nice to have fewer people there and for all the kids to be younger. 





0 comments:
Post a Comment