Well, the storm did hit Jersey Village quite a bit. As of Saturday, Jersey Village was without power, so we decided that if we were not going to have power, we might as well go spend some time with Scott's parents in Clear Lake. We left Saturday evening. The weather was fine and the roads were clear. Most people had not ventured out.
Sunday, we ventured out to the HEB. That was the first time that I really felt like a refugee. We had to wait in a really long line outside of the store to even get in. When we got in the store, there were only a few lights on. The computers for check out were being powered by generators. The announced as we walked in that they would have some fresh meat behind aisle 7. So, Jan stayed with the cart and got some produce, while I fought the crowd to the "fresh meat". We did manage to get some hot dogs, lunch meat, and some cheese. It was just amazing to see people in despiration. As I calmly went to get some hotdogs, you would have thought the lady behind me had not eaten in a month. I politely asked her if she would like some hotdogs, and she noded her head frantically and I handed her two containers of hot dogs. No ice to speak of, but we did ask the police officer at the front door where we could find some gas. Since we were staying at the Simonds, Scott was having to go back and forth to the house to let the dogs in and out. The Simonds house is not conducive to having tow smelly dogs.
Sunday night, Scott, Cooper and I went over to the house to clean up a little and go for a walk. We also wiped out the fridge, which Scott cleaned out on Saturday night, grabbed some extra clothes and towels....and headed back to the Simonds. By the time that we got back, the Simonds had POWER!!! POWER, POWER, WONDER WORKING POWER!! Yippeeee. We cleaned out the freezer and decided to grill hamburgers and some chicken breast. We even sat at the kitchen table with the light on. We got to have warm baked beans! This must be Heaven. We watched some TV to get caught up on things. THEN....suddenly..as fast as the power had come back on...the power was off.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Oh well, at least the weather was supposed to get into the lower 60's over night. This morning Scott headed back to the house to let the dogs out and POWER, POWER, WONDER WORKING POWER!!!!! I am still at the Simonds house. Cooper was about to go down for a nap and no need with the cool weather, to head back yet. I have packed the car and we are ready to head back to the house when Coop gets up. About 20 minutes ago the Simonds power also came back on. So, hopefully this time, it is on for good.
From what I can tell from the internet and the phone number I have for CCISD, we are going to be out of school all week and until further notice. I am assuming that we will for sure start back on Monday. Enjoy the pictures.
Showing off his diaper! you can tell that alot of the houses on the street did not have too much in the yards.


2 comments:
So glad you guys and your house is okay! Ours is still with out POWER POWER WONDERFUL POWER so we are hanging out in Austin until it returns!!
JEALOUS of your power! we're still without it!
Post a Comment