Well, as you know school has started for everyone.
Scotts team is doing extremely well. They have finished all of their tournaments at this point. What a hectic August with three weekends in a row of tournaments. Cooper and I made all the tournaments..at least part of them. This past week, Scott decided to make one of his games a cancer benefit. Both teams wore pink jerseys and they took donations. The donations went to a teacher that used to teach at Creek that has bone cancer. He has been battling the cancer since Jan. 2007 and the cancer seems to at least stopped spreading. The Wims family is just having a lot of medical bills and it was awesome to see that in just one day the girls were able to raise $3000 dollars to donate to the Wims family. What an awesome opportunity to teach high school kids the benefits of giving. District starts this week and I think Scott is hoping to get off to a great start. I am so proud of him.
Cooper loves his new school. I talked to the director on Friday about possibly moving Cooper up to the next room. The past two weeks, each time that I pick Cooper up, his teacher tells me how smart he is. As much as I love having the smartest kid in the class, I would like to have him challenged at this age. In his current room, the kids are 12-24 months. Cooper is the oldest. I would just like to see him moved up so that he is challenges and able to do more activites. They currently do not have room in the 2 year room, but will move him as soon as space is available. Cooper also as gotten so good at going to school and staying in the 19 month room at church. When we drop him off, he sits to eat or play and says BYE BYE. No crying any more. It makes leaving him in the mornings and on Sundays so much easier. He is just growing into a little man. He really likes to try and repeat all the words that we say right now. And of course he now knows how to say, NO NO NO. Yes, it has to be three times in a row and he even gets one finger up. The past two days he has enjoyed just walking up and down the side walk.
Last weekend, we took Cooper to the Moody Gardens Aquarium, ate at the Rain Forest Cafe and stuck our feet in the Gulf :) He loved looking at the penguins at the Aquarium. However, I think that his favorite thing was just running up and down the exhibits. As most of you know, it is hard to go out to eat with a 19 month old. But, the Rain Forest Cafe made it easier! He was quite entertained my the gorillas that moved, the alligator that growled, the elephants that moved, and the butterflys on the wall. We even managed to eat a little too.
I am doing fine. I do miss having Scott around for many reasons. Just to help out, but most of all just to have some adult interaction. I just got spoiled over the summer. I also got really spoiled when we went to Duncanville without Cooper and Scott & I got some quality time together. We have not had Bible study the past two weeks with school starting and then Labor Day, so that hasn't helped. But, my classes are going well and I always look forward to the weekend to spend with Scott and Coop.
Well, hope that all is well with you all. More pics to come later. I took some last weekend, but the lens must have been dirty since the pictures were a little cloudy. Cooper likes to play with the camera and stick his fingers on the lens. I just forgot to clean the lens before I took the pictures last weekend.
Until next time.....
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Such a little man
Posted by Simonds at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment