Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

Scott spoke in a coaching clinic in Wimberley, TX this past Friday and Saturday. So, Mommy decided that it would be a great time to surprise Daddy by re-staining the deck, staining the concrete slab, planting some plants in the back, and getting some new patio furniture. Lets just say that it was too much to try and get done in 24 hours and work around a 16 month old's sleep and nap schedule. I did get a lot of the work done and we finished the deck with one last coat on Sunday afternoon.


On Monday, we decided to get out of the house and head to Seabrook to Maas Nursery. I had heard that they have some animals, and I thought that it would be fun to take Cooper. Then, we would head over to Kemah to play and eat...and then home just in time for a nap. Maas was not quite all that I thought it would be...but HEY..it was free. We got to see two donkeys, one exotic bird, one turtle and a boar thing. It was fun. We asked the Brewer's to come and join the fun. Brady and Cooper had so much fun eating at Joe's Crab Shack on the Boardwalk.


Only 7 more days of school and then we are out for the summer. I am really looking forward to being home with Cooper. He is just such a sponge right now and I will love to be home and see all the new things that he is learning.




New things that Cooper can do:

  • Tickle Daddy
  • Neigh like a horse
  • Make a monkey sound
  • Turn the music on
  • Say please and say again in sign language
  • Pick out all sorts of animals from his collection: lion, zebra (which is ZZZZ to him), cow, pig, monkey, horse, and goat.
  • Sort of make the actions for "I'm a Little Tea Pot", "Itsie Bitsie Spider", and "Patty Cake"
  • Today, he kind of joined in for "Hokey Pokey"...It was really funny to see him try and lift his leg up.

Cooper medical update: We were supposed to have a dr. appt today with the ENT for the following up from the ear suction and the new drops we started 15 days ago. However, the dr. had to cancel the appt. and I rescheduled for next Tuesday. Interested to see what the ear looks like next week. Cooper has been doing and feeling great!

Cooper and Dad looking at the boar. Cooper wanted to pet it, but Dad did not think that was a very good idea. Dad, that is not FUN :)

Cooper looking at the exotic bird!

Mom, those jackasses won't come say hi! (the donkeys) I just almost peed on myself when I just typed that. Kim, that was for you!

The lonely turtle.

Man, Brady, you have gotten big! We can play football together when we get older.

Mom and Cooper hanging out in the jungle at Maas Nursery
Our Little Angel ( notice the wings on the chair)Jeff and Scott's little angels :)
Coopy and Sharky..Having fun on the Boardwalk
Mimi, I am working on a Sonata for you when I come to Sequim this summer.


Tickle You, DADDY!

0 comments: